Monday, May 18, 2009

Garden Weeds

This morning I worked in the garden pulling weeds. Yes, it is sort of a tedious job. The garden began to look like a garden again with neatly defined rows of vegetables. But do you know that a lot of those weeds that I pulled up from the garden really were good plants. For instance there were flowering weeds that out in the field would really look pretty. And some of them were grasses, that in the yard or the pasture would look really appealing.

But those weeds are weeds basically because they are growing in the wrong place. At least the wrong place of where I want my garden. The one little spot where I have worked up some earth to plant some vegetables just does not seem right to have the flowers and grasses that could grow anywhere else here in Texas and look good to grow in my garden.

Is that the way it is in my life also. What might be alright for someone else may not be what God has in mind for my life. Am I daily seeking Him first to know what He desires to have my heart look like? If He wants my heart to look like His heart am I willing to let Him do the weeding in my life to change the looks of who I look like? Until next time together allow the Master Gardener to work His miracle in your life.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this helpful metaphor. Why argue about debatable things when we could encourage each other to seek the Master's special purpose for each of us? Despite disagreeing with every argument I heard in church against drinking alcohol, I made a decision to abstain based on the purpose I believed God had for me.

    ReplyDelete